Git and "Steganosaurus"

Today's developments have been reasonably practical. I have set up a Git repository and have started work on a "Steganosaurus" which is taking the form of a Swing GUI application.

So far, I have just implemented the basic Image and Audio steganography methods, which are exposed via the Tools section of this website. I have also added a basic Steganalysis tool that examines unencrypted LSB data for images. The tool allows for the raw extraction of a string of LSB data and shows ASCII character frequency.

This experimentation has shown significant differences in ASCII frequency (for characters in the range of 32-126) between normal images and container files. This would suggest that by looking at frequency of characters that make up a natural language it could be possible to automatically detect unencrypted LSB steganography.